Children's Halloween Parade
Click on Flyer for larger view or to print.
The Jackson Lions Club will host their popular annual Children’s Halloween Parade for young ghosts and goblins on Main Street, Jackson, as they have every year since 1965.
- Kids from pre-school through 8th grade welcome.Costume prizes are awarded by age group.
- Costume judging starts promptly at 5:30 pm, gathering at the Fire Station on Main Street. (This is one half an hour later than in the past).
- New! Prize for Best Family Theme costumes: One year of ACES residential garbage service (valued at $750)!
- The Parade starts at 6:00 pm, walking south on Main Street to the Civic Center
- At the Civic Center, all children will receive a bag of treats and the Lions will serve free hot dogs to all participants.
Everyone is invited, so please come in costume and join the Lions Club for family friendly Halloween fun! For more information visit JacksonLionsClub.org or contact parade chairs, Tim Knittel, (209) firstname.lastname@example.org or Neil Carlson, (209)email@example.com.
Jackson Lions Donates to the Hawaii Wildfire Relief... YOU CAN TOO!
The Jackson Lions Club, during a recent special Board of Directors meeting, approved to send $1,000 to the Hawaii Wildfire Relief. Currently, per Lion Todd, CLF (California Lions Foundation) has already raised over $20,000.00 dollars toward this cause/relief fund.
If you would like to contribute to this fund, just click on the "DONATE" button below or thru other avenues described below. The devastating wildfires that have swept through the beautiful landscapes of Hawaii have left families and communities in distress.
As part of the California Lions Foundation's commitment to extending a helping hand in times of need, we are reaching out to you with an urgent appeal to support the victims of the Hawaiian fires. Working with Lions of Hawaii, all funds raised will be expedited to them to manage the relief and recovery efforts directly on the ground in Hawaii.
The impact of these wildfires has been truly heart-wrenching. Homes have been destroyed, cherished memories have turned to ashes, and countless lives have been upended. The immediate and long-term needs of these families are vast, ranging from emergency shelter and basic necessities to emotional support and rebuilding their lives.
The California Lions Foundation has a long-standing tradition of coming together in times of crisis. With your support, we can make a real impact on the lives of these disaster-stricken families. No contribution is too small – every dollar counts and will be used effectively to provide the help that's desperately needed.
How to Donate: You can make your donation online through our secure website at californialionsfoundation.org or if you prefer to contribute by check, please make it payable to "California Lions Foundation" with "Hawaii Wildfire Relief" in the memo line, and mail it to:
California Lions Foundation
c/o PDG David Hebebrand
20231 Valley Blvd. Suite E
Tehachapi, CA 93561
Your compassion and generosity can truly make a difference. We urge you to stand with us and the victims of the Hawaii wildfires during this challenging time. Share this appeal with your friends, family, and colleagues, as collective efforts can bring about positive change.
Thank you for being a beacon of hope in times of darkness. Together, we can bring relief, support, and strength to those who need it most.
The California Lions Foundation is a fully tax exempt charitable 501(c)(3) entity.
Only designated funds raised with this appeal will be used to help Hawaii wildfire victims. No other CLF funds will be used for this cause.
Federal ID #81-2850129
Welcome to the Jackson Lions Club
The Jackson Lions Club proudly welcomes you to our website! We have served the community and our world for many decades, and our tradition continues today.
Many people ask, "What is the Lions Club?", and here's the answer in a nutshell: We are a group of committed and dedicated business people from the greater Jackson, California area who share a common belief: that service to others is a high and worthy calling. And we share this view passionately with Lions Club members all over the world. Please visit our Why We Serve page for more information about how the Lions came to be, and other information about our organization.
Here is where you'll find the latest information on our Club's many events and efforts such as Dandelion Days and our 3rd of July Fireworks Spectacular and more. You can find more detailed info on our events and activities on our "Our Programs" page.
Jackson Lions Club offers Scholarships for Upper Division College Students
The Jackson Lions Club is offering up to six competitive scholarships ranging from $1,500 to $2,000 for graduates of Amador County high schools who are full-time college students of Junior or Senior standing and who are registered full-time and attending classes in the Fall 2023 school year.
To apply, eligible candidates will:
- Have graduated from an Amador County high school (send copy of diploma).
- Be of Junior or Senior college standing, registered and attending classes full-time (min. 12 semester units or equivalent) with a good GPA.
- Provide evidence of above, after last “drop date,” by an official verification transcript (unsealed) from the registrar or attendance office of the college currently attending. Include unofficial transcripts of all previous college coursework.
- Submit all the above along with a letter describing your academic and career goals and school funding status. Include your phone, email & mailing address.
Mail all the above, in one package, by November 1, 2023 to:
Jackson Lions Club
P.O. Box 64, Jackson CA 95642